Happy Summer Greetings to everyone! Here are the latest updates for your summer reading pleasure:
1. Have you noticed some activity taking place at the back entrance? The board has contracted with Second Nature to give us a long overdue face lift. Water and electricity has been installed, and coming soon will be irrigation, sod, and new landscaping for the entire length of our property along Kelly Rd.
2. Even though we are in the midst of the dog days of summer, it’s not to early to mark your calendar for our annual neighborhood get together and BBQ on Saturday, October 26 sponsored by the HOA. As always, the event is free to residents and will take place at the pool parking lot following the 5k race. More details to come.
3. The Apex Town Council held a hearing on Tuesday, August 6 to take comments on the proposed PeakPlan 2030. If you missed the hearing, the proposed PeakPlan 2030 draft is available on the town’s website at www.apexnc.org/peakplan or you may review a copy of the draft plan located in the Town of Apex Planning Department, 73 Hunter Street, 2nd Floor. You can also stay up to date about the plan’s progress by subscribing to email updates – visit the website to sign up!
4. Reminder… year round schools are back in session! With more bus and kid activity, residents are reminded to obey the 25mph speed limit and stop signs as you travel through the neighborhood!
5. Updates to the Abbington Directory have been made for August.