The following is an update from the Clubhouse Committee as of 6/3/2016
1. Survey results as of 6/3/16
a. 321 responses
b. Yes, want a clubhouse – 182
c. No, do not want – 77
d. Undecided – 62
e. REMINDER – Survey will remain live until June 20
2. Conference call with Luke Dobbins from Wake Remodeling re: Clubhouse concept
a. Meeting next week to look at site and assess project
3. Meeting with Darryl Clugston of D Clugston Bldg. & Development Co.
a. Discussed initial concept
b. Reaching out to Town to see if Clubhouse structure is allowed
c. Analyzing CAD drawings of current pool house and Town property records of Abbington
4. Discussion with PPM regarding support services they can provide for Clubhouse. These were wide-ranging and are ultimately up to HOA but some the Committee feels are necessary include:
a. Management and collection of rental fees
b. Management of rental contracts
c. Management of cleaning services
d. Management of events calendar (we feel this needs to be on-line)
5. We are going to try to move the presentation and vote date up from Nov to the end of summer. This will allow Abbington to have more time for the Town approval process if we vote to build the clubhouse.
6. We are committed to keeping a playground.
7. If approved, we will not allow construction to disturb pool season, even if it means postponing construction until after the 2017 season.
1. Tour of Seagroves Farms (rescheduled for next week)
2. Meeting with Wake Remodeling
3. Discussion with architect and engineering firm about Town approval process
4. Conceptualizing idea and creating renderings to share