The following is an update from the Clubhouse Committee. Initial survey results, the group’s progress to date, and next steps are included in the document below.
Survey Results and Status as of 5/6/2016
Please note: The photo and floor plan is of a typical clubhouse layout and is provided ONLY as an idea. We are NOT suggesting this exact model for Abbington – please read the comments in the link above.
At the annual HOA meeting in March, some residents expressed interest in a neighborhood clubhouse. A group of volunteers was assembled to explore this idea for Abbington. If our community, as a whole, thinks it is worth looking into, we will do so and remain completely transparent throughout.
To gauge the interest level of a clubhouse project, we are conducting a survey to gather feedback. Please take a moment to fill it out using the link below. Any and all feedback is greatly appreciated! Thank you.
The Abbington Pool is officially open!
All residents received written notice regarding rules, and information about the pool, including a schedule of hours when lifeguards are on duty. Updated forms and info about Pool Rules, 13-17 Age Form and Requests for Additional/Replacement Key Cards can be found on the website under the ‘Pool‘ tab.
This year, Aquatic Management Group will be managing our pool, so please read and review the Pool Rules and related documents together as a family to make sure your children understand the rules and consequences for breaking them.
Happy Spring Everyone!
Abbington Annual Meeting – The annual meeting of the HOA Board of Directors will be held on Thursday, March 26 at the Apex Community Center starting at 7:00pm. All residents are invited to attend to receive an update on HOA projects, financial review, and to elect 3 members to fill the expired terms. Nominations to serve on the board will also be taken from the floor at the meeting. All residents received the 2015 Annual Meeting Notice by mail, including a Proxy to appoint a neighbor to vote on your behalf. If you cannot attend the meeting, please give the proxy to a neighbor who is attending, or return it to Cathy Lemly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spring Fair & Egg Hunt – All residents are invited to a spring fair and egg hunt on Saturday, April 4 from 2:00-5:00 at the pool common area. Sponsored by Abbington Life magazine, the event includes crafts, bounce house, face painting, photo ops with the bunny, and more. An all-age egg hunt will take place at 2:30 – please BYO basket to collect eggs. For more info, or to volunteer to help, please contact Leslie Lockhart at email@example.com or 745-0494.
News from the Apex Police – The Apex Police Department is hosting its 2nd Annual Charity Yard Sale on May 30 to benefit SafeChild of Wake County. They are reaching out to all residents and requesting donations of yard sale items to benefit this organization.
Please see the attached Flyer for further details on the yard sale and how to donate items. Please come out and support the yard sale – they always have a few unique items and plenty of bargains. Thank you in advance for your assistance as we work to support this wonderful organization!
Master Officer Matthew Hunter, Community Police Officer
Just a couple items to note:
– The Resident Directory was updated with changes received since August. If you are keeping a hard copy, you’ll need to re-print the entire document.
– The third issue of Abbington Life arrived in mailboxes yesterday. Please note that some addresses were inadvertently omitted from the mailing list and we are working on correcting the error. If you did not receive a copy, please notify Leslie Lockhart at firstname.lastname@example.org to be sure your address is included.
– Now that Abbington has a full-color magazine being published every month, the quarterly newsletter is being discontinued. Look for the final edition of this paper version in your mailbox/underneath slot or read here: Newsletter. News and updates about the neighborhood will now be published in the Abbington Life magazine – any time sensitive information will be posted on the website and Nextdoor site.
Howdy neighbors! The following updates for your interest:
November Social Events – Space is still available for these FREE events sponsored by Leslie Lockhart with N2 Publishing! Click on the links to sign up.
- Ladies Night at The Lotus Spa – Wednesday, November 12 from 6:30-8:30pm. Guests will enjoy mini spa treatments and light refreshments. Come meet Ashley, the owner and sister of an Abbington resident, and see what The Lotus Spa is all about! Address for the spa is 512 St Marys Street, Suite 110 (2nd floor), Raleigh, NC 27605. For more details or to sign up, click HERE
- Guys Night* at the Brueprint Brewery – Thursday, November 13 from 6:30-8:30pm. Check out Apex’s first handcrafted brewery and enjoy beer tastings, food, music, games, pampering (yes, guys can get pampered too!) *Adults only – must be 21 or over. The brewery is located in Apex at 1229 Perry Rd, Suite 101. For more details or to sign up, click HERE
Abbington Life Magazine – The premiere issue of Abbington’s exclusive magazine for and about residents was published and made its debut last month. Response from readers has been very positive – people enjoy reading the articles and learning a little bit about their neighbors. Our next issue, for December, is due to hit your mailbox this week. If you have suggestions or ideas on what you’d like to see in future issues, please let us know – contact Sue Davis at email@example.com.
Happy Fall Y’all! The following updates for your interest:
Group Pricing for Maintenance Services – Our property management company, PPM, recently announced a new concept available for homeowners to receive special pricing on selected maintenance services, called Pack Purchase. Residents sign up for services with pre-quoted prices and pre-scheduled dates. Vendors are then able to complete batches of work in the same place, at the same time, saving everyone time and money. For more info, visit their website HERE.
*NEW* Neighborhood Magazine – Coming soon to your mailbox… Abbington Life is a glossy, professionally produced publication for and about Abbington residents. It is free to everyone and will be delivered monthly with the premiere issue starting in October.
Social Event – Residents (adults only) are invited to attend a free event to celebrate the release of the new neighborhood magazine. The event will be held on October 21 at Patrick Jane’s Gourmet Pizza Bar in Cary. For details about the event, or to add your name to the official Evite list for this and other monthly events, fill in the form below: